Climb Ev’ry Mountain
This is my absolute top musical of all time (well, at least the movie version is; I don’t really like the stage version) – you could say it’s one of my favourite things and thus the theme for part III of my maternity shoot. You may think I’m crazy for this, but The Sound of Music, on repeat, is my birth play list. There is just something about the songs; they are uplifting and make me smile, even when I’m pushing with all my might.
Pulling it out of the bag as always, I think that James made a very dashing Captain Von Trapp while, although I have belly laughs every time I look at the photo of her in the sister costume, Baby is hopefully a lady who will never be a nun.
In honour of Frauline Maria, I thought I’d list a few of My Favourite Things that I’ve been purchasing in the run up to the birth of number 2.
- Rachel Riley everything. I’m so excited to photograph him in some of the beautiful vintage-style designs of Rachel Riley. It will, of course, be a toss up as to who looks better in them: Baby Boy Boggio or Prince George.
- Donna Wilson blanket. I love these artsy and slightly surreal crib blankets from Donna Wilson. I got that one that says “blah blah blah”.
- Anything with foxes. We have gone for a fox motif in the nursery, mostly because we needed something that worked with the beige walls that we didn’t feel like repainting. Thankfully, we found this Mr Fox wallpaper that fit perfectly.
- A little lovely Light Box. Just for fun, I see this A5 light up sign providing me with hours of entertainment in those initial long newborn-filled days. I’ve started out by writing “Baby Fox” on the box, but I can imagine this quickly changing to “Poopy Baby”.
- Faux taxidermy. I know I’m jumping on the end of this trend, but they had a fox, and it was really cute.
- Designer sale items. When he’s not dressed like the future King of England, Baby Boy Boggio will be getting down with his funky self. Having a baby at this time of year means I can hit all the sales on the designer sites. My favourite is The Mini Edit.